A devotional guide to surrender
The origins of the word seek, help us to remember that slowing down across a period, like the 40 days prescribed for this journey together across Lent. It can help create space, to ignite our senses once again. This study is a reminder that He calls us both the seeker and His friend.
Introduction: the practice of surrender
Week one: Seek Peace
Week two: Seek Connection
Week three: Seek Clarity
Week four: Seek Wisdom
Week five: Seek Intimacy
Week six: Seek Surrender
The seeking is the conscious effort to surrender in our everyday lives in the natural means to God himself to continually set our minds toward God in all our experiences, to direct our minds and hearts toward him.
This study is broken up into the following sections:
One: Open the bible with a scripture focus.
Two: A devotional to share with your small group or friends.
Three: A question to help you journal and write.
Four: A decision to help you apply the theme and content.
Five: Open the bible again with a new scripture focus.
Six: A simple prayer for you to write and explore with God.
Seven: A question and lesson learned from your discovery during the week.
Our friendship with God means that no matter what we do, we cannot make Him love us more or any less, friendship is about being. A relationship with God that is marked by unity, a walk together of surrender that is very much like the Easter story.
This is a PRINTABLE VERSION that delivers straight to your email inbox.
- This is a digital product. Nothing will be mailed.
- Check your junk mail for the email invoice with the link. Also, you can download your purchases from your account page here on my website.
- It is 76 pages in total, you can print at your local library, Office works or any commercial or home printer. The ebook can’t be returned or exchanged once downloaded.
- Each license (purchase) is valid for one educator/classroom with 1-35 students in one classroom or one family. This book is for non-commercial use only. This PDF file may not be distributed for free or for any form of compensation.
- If you would like to use Embracing Slow as part of an event or retreat you charge for, you must purchase a professional license. Please contact Amanda or Em at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.