One of my friends is having a hard time of late. Especially in the area of being single. I set them this challenge and it is called yestember.
They have to complete all 30 by the end of September. It’s not actually about finding a man, it’s about mixing up their everyday and pushing comfort zones and generally just doing things that they don’t normally do.
Sometimes all it takes is a change of perspective.
I found this quote and I loved it…
“make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security and adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning and its incredible beauty.” Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild
So if you are feeling a little glum. It’s spring and join in Yestember with us.
Download the list here: yestember
* say yes to this project.
* Buy a coffee for a stranger.
* Go to the wine bar and talk to anyone whose there, The goal is to get someone to buy you a drink.
* Arrange a BBQ/ party at your house and invite people…
* Arrange a dinner in the city with a group of people.
* Plan a holiday at home (provide evidence i.e itinerary).
* Invite someone out for coffee (guy or girl).
* Talk to 5 guys at church…
* Go on a young adult camp/ retreat/ or organize a weekend away before the end of the year with young adults.
* Go to 3 different churches (and go to church every Sunday of september).
* Write a letter to myself and post it back to myself and open 1 October.
* Start a conversation with a guy in a shopping centre.
* Book a counseling session and talk about disappointments.
* Organize a chicks night at movies with pedicure, wine and chocolate.
* Dance naked around the house with music blasting.
* Start a journal to give to your husband on your wedding day.
* Go and burn any letter from x boyfriends and delete all text messages.
* Book two tickets to an event or movie and put on facebook a week before that you’ve got a spare ticket and see who wants to join you (Guy or Girl).
* At the Gym, ask someone a question about health such as “Protein shakes”, “How to use gym equipment”.
* Try a different sport i.e. Bikram Yoga or Crossfit.
* Cook a recipe that you’ve wanted to try.
* Go to a sports bar to watch a footy finals or the grand final with someone.
* Do a Random Act of Kindness.
* Join a volunteer group or event ie. Man the phones for telethon, Do the soup run, Visit an old peoples home etc.
* Read a new book.
* Be Confident and Open to what the month brings. Say yes to offers and chat to everyone even if they’re not your type.
* Go into a bottle shop and ask the attendant to suggest a wine that will go with your meal.
* Go dancing after your dinner in the city.
* Try a relaxation or meditation CD before you go to bed.
* Write your own positive message for the month and repeat it every day. Put it on your mirror & say it ie. “I will reach out of my comfort zone this month. I am strong. I am confident and I am willing to meet new people and let God lead me where I need to go”.